Press Release - COVID-19 Updates
TO: News Media, Mayor, City Council, City staff
SUBJECT: Operations Update – COVID-19
CONTACT: Office of the Mayor
RELEASE DATE: May 29, 2020
As a result of the Governor lifting many of the COVID-19 restrictions, City-related COVID-19 restrictions will be outlined via a press release moving forward, rather than a proclamation.
A. Airport: Remains open but restrictions exist. Call 563-242-3292 for more information.
B. Board and Commission Meetings: Boards, Commissions and Committees are still encouraged to hold meetings via conference call or Microsoft Teams meeting. For meetings held in person at City Hall, social distancing and the wearing of masks is strongly encouraged.
C. Building & Neighborhood Services: Normal operations. Following Governor’s recommendations on social distancing.
D. City Clerk: 2nd floor of City Hall remains closed. Customers are to proceed to the Finance Department on the 1st floor of City Hall. 2nd floor is tentatively projected to reopen on June 8, 2020.
E. Council Meetings: Residents are encouraged to participate in June Council and Committee of the Whole meetings via conference call or Microsoft Teams. In-person attendance at meetings will follow social distancing and capacity guidelines as outlined by the Governor.
F. City Engineering Department: 2nd floor of City Hall remains closed. Customers are to proceed to the Finance Department on the 1st floor of City Hall. 2nd floor is tentatively projected to reopen on June 8, 2020.
G. Finance Department: Normal operations. Following Governor’s recommendations on social distancing.
H. Fire Department: Normal operations. Following Governor’s recommendations on social distancing. Fire houses remain closed at this time.
I. Library: Please visit the library’s online, eBook, and audiobook resources at www.clintonpubliclibrary.us, sign-up for our newsletter and check updates. Contact 563-242-8441 for more information. Library continues to offer curbside service. Tentatively scheduled to reopen, with restrictions and by appointment only, June 16, 2020.
J. Parks and Recreation Department:
• Parks are open as of May 28, 2020 - including Pickleball Courts, Sand Volleyball and Ball Fields. Social distancing measures and personal responsibility should still be followed.
• Basketball Courts will be ready for use in the afternoon of June 1, 2020.
• Playgrounds/public restrooms will open as of June 1, 2020. Drinking fountains will remain closed for now.
• Youth Softball registration is now underway. Registration deadline is June 5, 2020 for girls in grades 1st – 7th of the current school year. Games will begin late June 2020.
• Adult Softball/Kickball/Sand Volleyball registration is also underway. Registration deadline is June 12, 2020, with games starting the week of June 21st.
• All programs will have additional safety measure put in place.
• Horseshoe League will also be taking registrations soon. More information to come.
• Outdoor Shelters are now available for use. To reserve a shelter, you may contact the Parks & Recreation Admin office at 563 243-1260.
• The Riverview Pool is anticipating opening this summer in some capacity. Right now, goal is to open mid-June. Per the Governor’s proclamation, the pool will be limited in its use. More information will be available soon.
K. Police Department: Normal operations. Following Governor’s recommendations on social distancing. Lobby will reopen June 1, 2020.
L. Transit/MTA: Normal Bus route summer schedule will resume on June 1, 2020. Riders are requested to wear masks for the safety of other riders and drivers. No fare collection for in town trips. For bus route information please call 563 242 3721.
M. Street / Solid Waste Department: Normal operations.
N. Water Pollution Control: Normal operations.