Current Term: January 3, 2022 - December 31, 2025
Phone: (623) 640-5522
Current Boards, Appointments
- City of Clinton, Highway 30 Coalition of Eastern Iowa
- City of Clinton, Government Affairs Committee Liaison
- Clinton County Area Solid Waste Agency City Representative
- Eastern Iowa Light and Power Cooperative (REC) Representative
- Bridgeview Board Member
- Radio Host, “City Watch” on KROS, FM 105.9
- Member, Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce
Past Boards, Appointments and Offices
- Former Commissioner, Clinton Airport Commission
- Former Commissioner, Clinton Planning Commission
- Former Regional Planning Affiliation (RPA), Council Liaison
- City of Clinton, Civilian Fire Academy (2015 Alumni)
- City of Clinton, Oversight Committee/City Assessor
- Clinton Convention and Visitors Bureau, Council Liaison
- City of Clinton, Capital Improvement Committee
- Clinton Progress Coalition, Member
- Franciscan Peace Center/Education Committee on Human Trafficking
On January 3rd, 2022, William (Bill) Schemers began as the First Ward Council Member with the City of Clinton. Bill previously served as an At-Large Council Member for a four year term.
Bill is a graduate from Arizona State University, College of Public Programs, where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree. Bill spent 26 years in law enforcement were he gained the rank of lieutenant with the Phoenix Police Department as well a sworn US Marshall and Chief Investigator/ civilian police liaison for the Department of Air Force.
Bill is a small business owner and married to Kelly McEleney-Schemers (retired law enforcement) and native to Clinton, Iowa. Bill has three young boys (ages 16 and twin 12-year-olds).