State of Iowa Retail Cigarette Permits are issued by the City.
- Permits are valid for a twelve month period, based on the fiscal year: July 1st of each year to June 30th of the following year.
- Permits must be renewed each year and an application form is required to be completed each year.
- Renewal notices are mailed out by the City Clerk's office around May 15th of each year.
- Permits cost $100 per year. If a permit is applied for partly through the year, permit fees are prorated based upon the schedule provided by the State of Iowa.
- Download the application form by clicking here.
- Pay the $100 fee on the City's website by clicking here. (Choose Misc Clerk Fees)
- Submit the completed application and a copy of your online payment receipt to the Clerk's office at: email@example.com
- Application will be placed on the next Council agenda for approval.
- Upon approval, the Clerk's office will notify the State of Iowa and the Clerk's office will mail out the permit to the mailing address provided on your application.